As five years of project funding by the Robert Bosch Foundation is coming to an end, this is the time to harvest insights and lessons learned. We invite partners, supporters, community members and peers to view, review and celebrate our project results with us on separate occasions. At the same time we look ahead and explore in different ways what the future of CITYMAKERS could look like.
CITYMAKERS-RUHR Network Meeting
To kick-off our Harvest & Celebration Season, we invite you to join an inspiring 2020 CITYMAKERS-RUHR Network Meeting in Duisburg:
- When? Tuesday, September 15, 5.30 – 9 p.m.
- Where? WorkCafé Tectrum, Bismarckstr. 142, 47057 Duisburg
- What? 1. Sneak Preview into the first outcomes of our CITYMAKERS Virtual Walks Projects 2020. The virtual walks investigate fundamental themes of life in cities, which are relevant to people living in China, the Ruhr Metropolis and other European cities. (The official launch of the projects will take place on September 18/19 in Berlin.)
2. Get in touch with our CITYMAKERS-RUHR Network again! Let’s continue to explore together how we can best learn from each other across borders and disciplines. We believe in collective intelligence for creating liveable cities!
3. Reflect on our themes harvested in 2019 and re-consider them in the frame of 2020’s global changes in the face of the corona pandemic.
Download the invitation above for more information. Please register for the event with Sebastian Schlecht, initiating local host: email@example.com, Tel.: +49 1523 4596113.
CITYMAKERS China-Europe 5th Anniversary Celebration (major program)
The major program of our 5th Anniversary Celebration will take place on the week-end of September 18-20 with small-scale meetings in and around Berlin:
Part I – KEEP TALKING: Learning Cities Program Actors Dialogue
“Stakeholders Reception” for CITYMAKERS partners, supporters and institutional collaborators @AEDES Berlin
- When? Friday, September 18, 5.30 – 8 p.m.
- Where? ANCB The Aedes Metropolitan Laboratory, Aedes Network Campus Berlin, Christinenstraße 18–19, 10119 Berlin
- What? An inspirational evening with short inputs, presentation of program results and 1:1 dialogues. The results will be displayed inside for review. Talks and dialogues are planned to take place outside in the AEDES garden and courtyard. For 30 invited guests, and 40 people in total. (Drinks served.)
For more information, please download the detailed agenda for program part I above.
Part II – KEEP WALKING: CITYMAKERS Video Walks Night
Community Day for CITYMAKERS friends, fellows and partners @C*SPACE Berlin + partner locations
- When? Saturday, September 19, 3 – 10 p.m.
- Where? C*SPACE, Langhansstraße 86, 13086 Berlin
- What? A special CITYMAKERS night connecting peers of the “global CITYMAKERS China-Europe village” through synchronous meetings in various places, celebrating CITYMAKERS solidarity, friendships, projects and premiering the CITYMAKERS Virtual Walks Projects 2020! Our anchor location in Berlin will be the outside yard of the former furniture factory in which C*SPACE is located.
For more information, please download the detailed agenda for program part II above.
Part III – KEEP THINKING: CITYMAKERS Village Retreat Circle
Reflection day in the countryside @Projektraum Drahnsdorf for CITYMAKERS core and external teams + interesting strategic partners (max. 12 people)
- When? Sunday, September 20 (evening) – 21
- Where? Projektraum Drahnsdorf, Dorfstraße 17, 15938 Drahnsdorf
- What? A day out in nature to reflect, relax, pause and peer into the future.
REGISTRATION required for all major program parts (I–III): firstname.lastname@example.org