Alternative urbanism meets social entrepreneurship. China meets Europe. 30 CITYMAKERS from 16 cities – from Beijing and Berlin, Taipei and Vienna, Munich and Shanghai – all with powerful innovative ideas for future livable cities, came together for two and a half days at an almost magical place in the countryside south of Berlin: Drahnsdorf.
2020 CITYMAKERS Accelerator. A program designed for up to 5 high-potential impact projects aiming to create a more liveable cities
We have enough technology, enough ability and enough capacity to create a better world. The crucial questions of today are:
a) How to join forces to make a long-lasting impact. How to scale innovative solutions from one region to other places in the world? How to track attention for game-changing ideas in a hyper-connected fast pace world?
b) How to keep focus on the 3 fundamentally human values that we consider to be at the heart of livable cities: culture, nature and community. These questions will be answered in the 2020 CITYMAKERS Accelerator.
The program promotes social innovations and culture as a design parameter and so-called “fourth pillar” of sustainable development on the agenda of urban development and above all in the programs of Sino-German/European cooperation on urbanization and urban issues as a dialogue beyond technological innovation topics. The goal is to identify courageous and innovative players from China and Germany / Europe and to network them in an interdisciplinary manner and to promote the creation of new partnerships, ideas and projects.
The thrilling 2020 CITYMAKERS Accelerator components are, a…
- 1-week curated accelerator program in Berlin in mid February 2020 (Febr 14th -19th)
- tailormade individualized curriculum for each project to design the roadmap to boost your business model
- 6 months implementing program with a personal professional mentor, an entrepreneur, practitioner or coach
- 1 final public showroom event in Berlin to meet possible investors & contributors/ fall 2020
The 2020 CITYMAKERS Accelerator is for up to 5 high-potential impact projects, that
- are of relevance for lievable cities, in the fields of sustainable/green cities, culture/ creativity, future of housing/living, social cohesion or more general seeking alternative approaches to urban challenges.
- have a common purpose mission
- have a dimension of Sino-European exchange as part of the projects, if not yet, are explicitly planning to have one?
- are beyond ideation, have a proof of concept and in the best case already clients/beneficiaries/users
- are scalable and have the potential and ambition to impact millions of lives.
APPLY today and let us boost your impact together!
The CITYMAKERS-Accelerator is co-designed and co-hosted in close collaboration with Oliver May-Beckmann, senior social entrepreneurship expert, consultant and educator. Oliver built up from the scratch the social & sustainable entrepreneurship education programs of the Social Entrepreneurship Akademie, a cooperation of the Munich Universities (TU Munich, LMU Munich and University of Applied Science) supported by BMW foundation, KfW foundation, Vodafone foundation, Siemens foundation and BonVenture and more. Oliver is an accociate partner of CONSTELLATIONS International since he lived in Shanghai in 2016, and he is a project partner of the CITYMAKERS program, already working together in 2019 for the Social Entrepeneurship Lab in Drahnsdorf.
Get in touch with a short eMail first and we will identify together, if the CITYMAKERS-Accelerator is something for you!
Contact: Oliver May-Beckmann