Decolonising our minds. Uncovering traces of German colonialism in China in today’s Berlin. An inquiry of different locations on Kiautschou street and Pekinger Platz. A film by Kollektiv Raumstation.
Twin towns Duisburg and Wuhan: Commonalities of different cities? Similar cities with differences? Exploring traces of history and the connections to China in the former steel city. A virtual-walk by Sonja Broy and Silvan Hagenbrock.
About the filmmakers
- Sonja Broy lives in Essen and works in different cities across the Ruhr area. Her projects are located at the interface between the architecture of urban areas, neighbourhood development, art, culture, project management and journalism.
- Silvan graduated in Urbanistik at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar with his documentary ADDIS ABABA – CHINESE NEW FLOWER on China’s investments in Ethiopia. His Master film ZEIT ZU GEHEN on the topic of a car-free future was produced at Vienna’s University of Applied Arts. Silvan is part of CITYMAKERS’ core-team since 2016. He is also an editor of Goethe-Institut China Online Magazine.
- With: Heike Maus, Theo Steegmann, Susanne Löhr, Edeltraud Klaubuhn,
- Translation: Frau LU Xiaoyan, Frau LIU Ping und Herrn HUO Weisong,
- Supported by: Bosch Alumni Network, CITYMAKERS China-Europe,
Stadt Duisburg, Konfuzius Institut, Deutsch-Chinesisches Mediennetzwerk e.V.